Monitoring Using POST Command
Using Post Command
The post command can be used to open and close tickets within the framework. It is especially useful for digital systems where a server is in place that is talking to out bound devices.
This process eliminates an Agent and provides a consistent framework for ticket management.
- Setup a receiver asset for each post command
- Give the Asset an alias and fake ip address like 0.0.0.1
- Do not enable the monitoring function because there is not an agent
The post command consists of two parts:
- The URL which takes the form of https://YOURHOSTINGPORTAL/AVNOC/RemoteNotices.html
- The User id (UI) which comes from Appliance Setup- AVNOC Remote Update User ID
- The Password (PW) which comes from Appliance Setup - AVNOC Remote Update Password
The entire post data is:
"LOADTABLENAME=REMOTE&LOADTABLEACTION=XML&UI=YOURUSERID&PW=YOURPASSWORD&body=***** WHATYOUWANTONNOTICE ***** ....Notification Type: STATE.Host:<sp>ASSETALIAS..State:<sp>STATE..Address:<sp>ASSETIPADDRESS..Info Date/Time: ALIVEDATE..&subj=** YOURPOSTSUBJECT **";
- <sp> means insert space
- Host: ASSETALIAS ..State
- State:<sp>DOWN or RECOVERY
- STATE can be PROBLEM OR RECOVERY (2 places to change)
Post this command and log into portal to see if action worked.